Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Void and a new roll

It's been a long time. Between work and essentially changing careers, I've had to find and scrounge for time to play The Void. Problem is, I can't play it.

I don't know why The Void hates me. But it just won't let me run it. I've troubleshoot, I've tried work arounds, and nothing. It allows me to play for about 30 seconds and instantly quits, with no crash or error to speak of. I've been trying to get this game running on and off for almost a week and a half now, and I've given up.

I wanted to play this game, it seemed interesting enough. Something different from the typical FPS and action games, but alas, it was not meant to be.

While it would be silly for me to promote a game that didn't actually run on my PC, the fact is, it does have favorable reviews, from both critics and players. So if you have The Void sitting around, give it a try. Hopefully it will go better for you than it did me.

So the next spin I suppose, and hope that this one fares better than the last..
Spec Ops: The Line - $29.99

I bought this during the winter sale. Heard it was a pretty much standard 3rd person shooter, and you played it more for the story and the horrors of war. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment