Monday, December 24, 2012

Victoria II update and a new roll

Okay, I really underestimated this game. I really enjoy strategy games, but this takes it to an extreme. I've played it for 2 hours, and am only 2/3 of the way through the tutorial. This makes Civilization or Total War look like a joke. There is no possible way I really grasp this game anytime in the near future.

Each one is about 10-15 minutes, and that's if you get everything the first time through


Therefore, I'll be playing it alongside the others that I roll. I think by the end of January I will really be able to judge this game...hopefully. Yes, it's that ridiculous. If you are looking for an in depth strategy game, I suggest picking this up, it's crazy how in depth it is. I think in actually running a real country, less information would be given to you.

I loaded into a new game, thinking I'd played enough strategy games to know enough to at least get started, and was immediately overwhelmed by the amount of information I was given. Civ's 25 or so civilizations are a pretty good number I thought. Try 125 for Victoria II. That's not a typo. 125 separate countries to try and navigate through the world toward supremacy. From the UK and Prussia to tiny African nations like The Zulu and Liberia.

Yes, each of those colors represent a nation. Some too small to write a name on. And this is only Mid Asia

Every update for other games, I will inform you all how the struggle to understand this game is going in a side note. I don't care how confusing it is, I will get it and decimate my enemies.

Anyways, I'll be playing other backlogged games while I attempt this beast, so therefore, another roll!
And..
Crayon Physics Deluxe. That is more like it. Something I can actually wrap my head around, while I'm struggling to play V2.

No comments:

Post a Comment